2022 San Diego First Annual
Jewish Teen "Battle of the Bands"
The San Diego IAC is proud and excited to announce its first annual Jewish teen “battle of the bands” competition.
Who May Apply?
• Middle School and Hight School Students
• Existing or newly formed bands
• Bands of all genres
How to Apply?
• Submit application form HERE
• Videos can be created using a single smartphone camera
(widescreen, not square, please) or can be as elaborate as you have means to provide. Remember that the judges will need clear audio with a good mix to hear what you really sound like
• Submitted songs may consist of any combination of cover/original material
• Performers must submit two (2) one-song performance videos to qualify for the contest. The videos must be produced for the purpose of this contest and cannot be from previous engagements or contests
• Lyrics cannot include profanity, derogatory remarks, sexually explicit content or violence. Engaging in these acts will result in disqualification
THE DEADLINE FOR EARLY SUBMISSION IS AUGUST 31, 2022 (LATER SUBMISSIONS MIGHT NOT BE AVAILABLE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT AS SOON AS YOU CAN) THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
• From submissions, six bands will be chosen to compete at a Final event open to the public
• Those chosen to compete will perform in a final contest in the Fall of 2022 (date to be announced)
• Bands selected from the early submission will be notified on or before OCTOBER 1, 2022.
• Prizes and more information about the event will be released at a later date.
Final Stage Competition and Prizes
• The winners in the final competition will be decided by a guest judge panel and audience votes
• First place will win a music-related package with a total prize value of $5,000
• Second place will win a music-related package with a total prize value of $2,000
• Third place will win a music-related package with a total prize value of $750
• That’s not all, the people’s choice will also win a gift card to a local music store.
So…. If you are considering competing, don’t hesitate. Contact your friends, get a band together, and have some fun. It’s all for a good cause, too. It’s worth a shot, and even if you don’t end up winning, it will be an unforgettable experience.
BATTLE OF THE BANDS 2022 – RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Band must be local to the San Diego area.
- A band is defined as any number of people more than one.
AT THE EVENT:
- The judges will vote at the end of the night, and will include the audience-vote to determine the winner. The votes will be tallied, and the Battle winner will be announced at the event.
- Event participants agree to the use of videos and photographs taken at the event for promotional purposes. Any photos taken at the event are property of the IAC.
By the submitting of this application to IAC San Diego, 2022 Battle of the Bands, the applicant, its band members, agents, representatives and/or members of family shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the IAC, and its officers, officials, employees, volunteers, and agents (individually, an “Indemnitee”) from and against any claim, demand, suit, liability, loss, judgment, damage, expense, penalty, fine, proceeding, and cost of every nature (each a “Claim”) arising out of, or in connection with, (a) the Services performed hereunder by APPLICANT or its affiliates, officers, officials, employees, volunteers, or agents (individually, a “Applicant Party”), (b) bodily injury to, or death of any person(s), including without limitation an Indemnitee or Applicant Party. If the APPLICANT wishes to settle a Claim, any settlement must not impose any obligations or expense on the IAC and must fully resolve the Claim against the IAC.
The submitter has read this agreement carefully, agrees to comply with the rules and regulations, and represents that he/she has the authority to execute this agreement on behalf of the party for whom he/she is signing.
The judging panel will each use the same criteria to judge the video submissions and the criteria have been broken down into weighted values. The judges are to judge on a 1-5 scale, with the values of the chosen ratings adjusted to reflect the weighting of the criteria against a possible 100% top score.
For example, if a submission is given a ‘1’ rating in ‘Planning/Preparedness’, that rating correlates to 4 points towards the total. If the submission is given a ‘5’ rating in the same category that rating correlates to 20 points towards the total. If a submission is given a ‘1’ rating in ‘Originality’ that rating correlates to 6 points towards the total and a ‘5’ rating correlates to 30 points towards the total.
Interface with ‘Audience’ 10%
Quality of Performance 20%
If a public poll/vote is implemented, the public voting results will be weighted at half the value of the judging panel. This keeps the judging as objective and clear as possible.